Background. In conditions of a complex qualitative growth of the modern Russian society there is an increase in importance of a sociological explication of foreign models of organizations’ and management’s culture in the aspects of their content, historical experience and peculiarities of functioning in the context of global and local tendencies of social and cultural development. The exact scientific and practical interest in this field is demonstrated by conceptual models of British sociology, the creative heritage and traditions of which remain scarcely covered and appear to be in circumference of Russian social scientists’ interest. In this regard, it is thought to be viable to a certain extent to supply the existing gap, to actualize and extensively describe this important direction of social thought, that served as a methodological foundation for many paradigmatic sociological researches of organization’s and management’s culture, that also demonstrates examples of solutions of both general-theoretical and public problems.
Materials and methods. Sociological explication of British models of organization’s and management’s culturewais carried out as a wide description of these phenomena by the means of the methods of interpretation, explanation and estimation. The methodology of sociological explication also included a comparative study of British theoretical approaches and empirical procedures and also materials of applied researches of social practices of organizational culture and management.
Results. The research gives the exact increment of scientific social knowledge in the field of organization’s and management’s culture, including the system of stable, logically interrelated theoretical views and methodological principles, and also regularities, conclusions and categories, resulting therefrom. The British scientific traditions of theoretical and applied analysis of organizational and management culture, that, in general, appear to be peculiar conceptual models of setting research problems and solving thereof, are added and adapted in the scientific process of Russian sociology.
Сonclusions. The wide analytic perspective of reproduction of the research results, demonstrated in the work, can find application in development of the social theory and innovative practice of solving various problems of the modern Russian society, that are inclusively connected with the development of new technologies of management, forms and social mechanisms of organizational culture.
1. Agapov P. Sotsiologiya organizatsiy [Organization’s sociology]. Moscow, 2006.
2. Zubkov V. I. Sotsiologiya organizatsiy [Organization’s sociology]. Moscow, 2013.
3. Kameron K. Diagnostika i izmenenie organizatsionnoy kul'tury [Diagnostics and alteration of organizational culture]. Saint-Petersburg, 2011.
4. Prigozhin A. I. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social sciences and modern times]. 2003,no.5,pp.12–22.
5. Romanov P. V. Sotsiologicheskie interpretatsii menedzhmenta: issledovaniya upravleniya, kontrolya i organizatsiy v sovremennom obshchestve [Sociological interpretations of management: research of management, supervision and organizations in the modern society]. Saratov, 2000.
6. Sheyn E. Organizatsionnaya kul'tura i liderstvo [Organizational culture and leadership].Saint-Petersburg,2007.
7. Khrestomatiya po obshchey sotsiologii [General sociology reading book]. Comp.
V. P. Kultygin, A. G. Kuznetsov. Moscow, 2004.
8. Kravchenko S. A. Sotsiologicheskiy tolkovyy russko-angliyskiy slovar' [Sociological explanatory Russian-English dictionary]. Moscow, 2013.
9. Dzheri D. Bol'shoy tolkovyy sotsiologicheskiy slovar' [Great explanatory sociological dictionary]. Moscow,2001.
10. Kontseptsii sovremennogo estestvoznaniya [Concepts of modern natural science]. Ed. by E. R. Rossinskaya. Moscow, 2007.
11. Shcherbina V. V. Sotsial'nye teorii organizatsii: slovar' [Social theories of organizations: dictionary]. Moscow,2000.
12. Kultygin V. P. Klassicheskaya sotsiologiya [Classical sociology]. Moscow, 2000.
13. Spencer H. The Principles of Sociology. London, 1904.
14. Abrams Ph. The Origins of British Sociology: 1834–1914. Chicago, 1968.
15. Bucle H. The history of civilization in England. London, 1900.
16. Kogan L. N. Sotsiologiya kul'tury [Sociology of culture]. Moscow, 2001.
17. Bedzhgot V. Gosudarstvennyy stroy Anglii [State structure of England]. Saint-Peters¬burg, 2013.
18. Yarskaya-Smirnova E. R., Romanov P. V., Mikhel' D. V. Sotsial'naya antropologiya sov¬remennosti: teoriya, metodologiya, metody, keys-stadi [Social anthropology of modern times: theories, methodology, methods, case-study]. Saratov: Nauchnaya kniga, 2004.
19. Evans-Prichard E. Istoriya antropologicheskoy mysli [History of anthropological thought]. Moscow, 2003.
20. Batygin G. S., Podvoyskiy D. G. Istoriya sotsiologii [History of sociology]. Moscow, 2007.
21. Volkov Yu. G. Sotsiologiya [Sociology]. Moscow, 2012.
22. Dobren'kov V. I. Istoriya zapadnoy sotsiologii [History of Western sociology]. Moscow, 2012.
23. Zdravomyslov A. G. Sotsiologiya: teoriya, istoriya, praktika [Sociology: theory, history, practice]. Moscow,2008.
24. Istoriya teoreticheskoy sotsiologii [History of theoretical sociology]. Ed. by Yu. N. Davydov. Moscow, 2010.
25. Kultygin V. P., Kuznetsov A. G. Obshchaya sotsiologiya [General sociology]. Moscow, 2004.
26. Romanovskiy N. V. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2014, no. 2, pp. 131–143.
27. Tolstova Yu. N. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2013, no. 8, pp. 13–23.
28. Yadov V. A. Strategiya sotsiologicheskogo issledovaniya: opisanie, ob"yasnenie, ponimanie sotsial'noy real'nosti [Strategy of sociological research: description, explanation, understanding of social reality]. Moscow,2011.
29. Drucker P. The Practice of Management. New York, 2000.